Most Expensive Weddings
Weddings are expensive affairs. Although many people prefer to keep their wedding simple, yet for many others wedding is a lavish occasion where money is simply not a concern during the wedding. The flamboyance and grandeur of such celebrity weddings are enlisted in the following most expensive wedding ceremonies.
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: The Tom Cruise and Katy Holmes wedding in 2006 had a wedding expenditure of around 2 million $. The wedding was held at Italy’s Odescalchi castle and the entire bridal party wore Giorgio Armani apparels for the occasion. The musical performance by Andrea Boccelli was also a prime attraction of the ceremony.
- Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nair: The Hurley –Nair wedding of 2007 was also a very expensive wedding. The wedding celebrations included the couple getting married in traditional Indian Wedding style besides a traditional Christian wedding. The couple’s stay at the Umeid Bhavan palace hotel in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India was at the expense of 10,000$ for every night’s stay.
- David Beckham and Victoria Adams: the marriage of British footballer David Beckham and spice girl singer Victoria Adams in July 1999, has also gone down as a most expensive wedding. The wedding was held at the Luttrellstown Castle adjacent to Dublin in Ireland and was one wedding of royal grandeur. The wedding was based on a black and white theme, and the guests were requested to wear the black and white colors for the wedding. The wedding was a truly royal affair with red velvet thrones and trumpeters and a spectacular show of fireworks in the sky. The estimated expenditure of the Beckham-Victoria wedding was counted in the range of $800,000.
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston: Brad Pitt’s broken marriage with Jennifer Aniston was also a high key expensive affair on July 29, 2000. The wedding was held on Malibu beach and the total expenditures were in the range of 1 million $. However, this high key ceremony was not without its glitches when the wedding cake melted due to the heat and had to be reconstructed in the last moment.
- The wedding ceremony of Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren was also a very expensive celebration. The 2004 wedding budget was in the range of 1.6 million $. However, the expenditure did not seem to keep the couple happy and together as can be safely said from the recent spate of controversy surrounding Woods.